29th Joint Doctoral Seminar in History and Theory of Architecture 8/02
08/02/2017, 13‐17h, KU Leuven, Faculty of Architecture, Campus Sint‐Lucas Brussels.
Venue Paleizenstraat 70, B‐1030 Brussels. The campus is only a 10’ walk from Brussels North Station. Tram line n°93 has a stop right in front of the building (Lefranq).
- 13.00h – 13.30h: Michael Kaethler, ‘Thinking with Curating: a Knowledge Perspective’. Promotor: Hilde Heynen (KU Leuven). Referees: Lukasz Stanek (University of Manchester), Maarten Liefooghe (VUB).
- 13.30 – 14.00h: Gerlinde Verhaeghe, ‘How the Mnemosyne Method Makes Meaning. Construction and Dissemination of Theory in Material based Architecture Pedagogy’. Promotors: Nel Janssens, Arnaud Hendrickx (KU Leuven, Faculty of Architecture); Referee: Joan Ockman (Columbia University), Rajesh Heynickx
14.00h – 14.30h: Lightning talks (5’ each)
- Koenraad Danneels, ‘From Sociobiology to Urban Metabolism: Landscape Design, Ecology and Engineering in Belgium (1900‐2016)’ (promotor: Bruno Notteboom, UAntwerpen).
- Mladen Stilinovic, ‘Large‐scale Military Heritage from the Cold War: Infrastructural Remnants and Their (Re)Development in Belgium and Europe’ (promotor: Pieter Uyttenhove, UGent).
- Victoire Chancel, ‘The Architecture of the Project: an Epistemological Diagnosis of the Architectural Project in the Regime of Project Management’ (promotor: Wouter Van Acker, ULB).
- Lian Zhai, ‘Chinese Garden as an Identity. Study of the boundary of Chinese Garden Built in Europe Since 1978’ (promotor: Hilde Heynen, KU Leuven, KU Leuven).
- Jinze Cui, ‘Between Memory and History: Dealing with the Theoretical Dilemma of Modern Chinese Heritage ‘Construction’ (promotor: Thomas Coomans, KU Leuven).
14.30h – 15.00h coffee break
• 15.00h – 15.30h: Angelique Campens, ‘The Sociological Dimension of Concrete Interiors During the 1960s’.
Promotor: Dirk De Meyer (UGent); Referees: Akos Moravansky (ETH Zürich), Hilde Heynen (KU Leuven).
• 15.30h – 16.00h: Eva Weyns, ‘Rethinking the Urban Parish: François Houtart and the Centre de Recherches Socio‐Religieuses in Belgium, 1955‐1964’. Promotor: Sven Sterken (KU Leuven, Faculty of Architecture).
Referee: Akos Moravansky (ETH Zürich), TBA.
• 16.00h – 16.30h: Samuel O’Connor Perks, ‘From Inertia to the Absolute with Jean Labatut. On Visuality, Religion and Epistemological Transfers.’ Promotor: Rajesh Heynickx (KU Leuven, Faculty of Architecture).
Referees: Joan Ockman (Columbia University), TBA.
Scientific Committee David Vanderburgh (UCL), Henry Pouillon (UCL), Rajesh Heynickx (KU Leuven), Sven Sterken (KU Leuven), Anne‐Françoise Morel (KU Leuven), Rika Devos (ULB), Inge Bertels (VUB), Judith Lemaire (ULB La